Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Celebrating the wee milestones....

I wasn't too happy the year I turned 30 .... it seemed so impossible!  How could I be 30?  I remember vividly when my own mother turned 30 and I thought that was some very strange and abstract age that only could be reached by extremely ancient (and quite possibly prehistoric) individuals!   But somehow I survived and lived to turn .... wait for it .... 40!!! some ten years later.  :)

Today the number 30 is one I'm celebrating, because I have now lost a total of 30 pounds.

It's taken forever.  I had a complete hiatus from losing weight for the entire Christmas season ... which stretched on and on to encompass all Christmas celebrations around the world. ;)    However, the good news is that I never gained back any of the 27 pounds that I lost before Christmas.  Maintaining my weight has always been difficult for me, so I consider it a complete victory that I was able to accomplish this, but when January 5th hit and I realized it was a mere month until we leave for vacation, I knew I needed to get back into my exercise routine and see if I could lose some more weight.

I've been on my exercise bike every day since and although I have only lost another 3 pounds, I have lost loads more in inches and am feeling incredibly energetic and strong!

So Hip Hip Hoorah for 30!   It's a nice number after all.   :)

7 comments:

  1. Hi Ro,
    It's been a while since I've been by; sorry.

    Congratulations, I'm so happy for you!
    I never had a weight problem until I became ill with Muscular Dystrophy and then of course, I had lost all my energy and I was put on all this medication. I had to change all my habits and I started biking. I'm glad I have my exercise bike!
    It sure makes you feel good about yourself when you lose...30 pounds, Wow! You go girl!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I loved turning 30 I guess because my second child was born and it was such an easy birth..My 30's were the best part of my life!...Age is just a number.. If you are young at heart it will show on the outside! HAPPY B'DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've been gone from blogging but enjoyed to hear your weight loss i had lost 22 lbs but am afraid as to what i have gained since xmas. go to the doctor next week i dread it. take are and cong. rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ro, Thirty pounds . . that's terrific! Believe me I know how difficult it is to lose the weight. It's all about working out and watching everything that goes into our mouths. It only gets better as you get older . . trust me. As I've gotten older, I've lost weight . . Dave passing sort of help that too. Take care kiddo, Sandy:O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ro, Just stopping by to say hi. Hope everything is going well for you. Blessings, Sandy:O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ro, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails