Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Celebrating the wee milestones....

I wasn't too happy the year I turned 30 .... it seemed so impossible!  How could I be 30?  I remember vividly when my own mother turned 30 and I thought that was some very strange and abstract age that only could be reached by extremely ancient (and quite possibly prehistoric) individuals!   But somehow I survived and lived to turn .... wait for it .... 40!!! some ten years later.  :)

Today the number 30 is one I'm celebrating, because I have now lost a total of 30 pounds.

It's taken forever.  I had a complete hiatus from losing weight for the entire Christmas season ... which stretched on and on to encompass all Christmas celebrations around the world. ;)    However, the good news is that I never gained back any of the 27 pounds that I lost before Christmas.  Maintaining my weight has always been difficult for me, so I consider it a complete victory that I was able to accomplish this, but when January 5th hit and I realized it was a mere month until we leave for vacation, I knew I needed to get back into my exercise routine and see if I could lose some more weight.

I've been on my exercise bike every day since and although I have only lost another 3 pounds, I have lost loads more in inches and am feeling incredibly energetic and strong!

So Hip Hip Hoorah for 30!   It's a nice number after all.   :)

19 comments:

  1. Hi Ro,
    It's been a while since I've been by; sorry.

    Congratulations, I'm so happy for you!
    I never had a weight problem until I became ill with Muscular Dystrophy and then of course, I had lost all my energy and I was put on all this medication. I had to change all my habits and I started biking. I'm glad I have my exercise bike!
    It sure makes you feel good about yourself when you lose...30 pounds, Wow! You go girl!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I loved turning 30 I guess because my second child was born and it was such an easy birth..My 30's were the best part of my life!...Age is just a number.. If you are young at heart it will show on the outside! HAPPY B'DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've been gone from blogging but enjoyed to hear your weight loss i had lost 22 lbs but am afraid as to what i have gained since xmas. go to the doctor next week i dread it. take are and cong. rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ro, Thirty pounds . . that's terrific! Believe me I know how difficult it is to lose the weight. It's all about working out and watching everything that goes into our mouths. It only gets better as you get older . . trust me. As I've gotten older, I've lost weight . . Dave passing sort of help that too. Take care kiddo, Sandy:O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ro, Just stopping by to say hi. Hope everything is going well for you. Blessings, Sandy:O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ro, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your article, it was very helpful and successful. 7eeaae21499315e2ca3e0e6e867d696c
    website kurma
    website kurma
    numara onay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your explanation, very good content. 2528822291d4bb609d6397b9834d253c
    define dedektörü

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails