Monday, July 5, 2010

Marvelous Monday!

Whew! It's a hot one today ... when I took the dogs for a walk at 7:30 this morning, it was already 90 degrees in the shade and there's 64% humidity, making it feel even more hot!  Thank goodness I actually love hot, humid weather.  But today, on this Marvelous Monday, the heat is making me extra thankful for two recent garage sale purchases:

The first purchase was an outdoor bathtub we came across.  It's a small tub, carefully built into a nice wooden box with casters underneath.  I think it was put together by someone who was a professional dog groomer and it certainly made me think immediately of my dogs.  Perfect for these DAWG DAYS of summer!

Deezer, my Jack Russell, doesn't normally like to get wet, but with these hot temperatures, she has been jumping right into her new bathtub as soon as we get back to the house from our morning walk.  She doesn't play in the water, just sits there in complete bliss and laps the water with her little pink tongue.


Bella, my black lab, ADORES water!  She thinks the new bathtub is absolutely WONDERFUL!  (although I think she wishes it was much, much bigger!)   She could play for hours in there and loves digging around in the water and splashing me as much as possible in the process.  : )



Our last garage sale find is also a wonderful treat in this hot weather.


Eventually it will find a home on our front verandah, but for now, it's tucked in a shady spot under a cherry tree where it's catching a light breeze.  It was the perfect spot to enjoy my morning coffee today.  

8 comments:

  1. What a great swing! The dogs might not like the tub so much when they get a "real" bath in it. But maybe they will, particularly if they are already used to being in it and being wet. It looks like a good idea to me. Wonder what Cesar would say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Ro- Your puppies are so sweet. I can't wait till we find our furry child. I like the idea of an outdoor bathtub.Thanks for the idea. I will be keeping my eyes open. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And down here we are freezing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww! I'm glad you're all finding some relief in the heat. This is our first day back, and I'm scrambling to think of how we're going to keep cool. lol

    Black Labs are supposed to love water... Harry (our Black Lab/Golden Retriever) must be an exception to that rule. LOL

    Have a GREAT week and stay cool! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's hot everywhere and it looks like the summer is going to be a war to stay cool. love the pis of the dogs. have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the swing! how cute is that! i have never gone garage sale-ing. must try one of these days.. but first I have to have my own!!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a Jack Russell mix that is my shadow! I love your swing...I'd like to get one to put under some shade in our back yard!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the tub. :) Our black lab Daisy will even splash all the water out of her water dish. She loves playing even in little puddles so she'd really love this tub. I thought about getting her a cheap plastic kiddie pool.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails