Monday, May 31, 2010

Marvelous Monday!

It's Marvelous Monday once again!  And although I have a TON of work to do - it's year end for our business and I have a GST filing due today on top of all the rest of the bookkeeping to catch up on, I am still determined to be thankful.  


And I am truly thankful today for this - 




















Our pool! We had our first day in the pool for the season on Saturday. It was a wonderful hot sunny day and I was so glad to have the pool in use in May already!


Our pool is nothing fancy - it's just an above ground pool, but I am so thankful for it. I wanted a pool badly for so many reasons but the amazing thing is that once we got it, I soon realized the biggest benefit is one I had never thought of. It turns out that our pool is one of the greatest "communication agents" in our marriage. I know, I know, it sounds strange. But here's the thing - all fall and winter long, we spend each evening either watching tv, reading, on the computer, or rushing off to meetings. None of those things is conducive to conversation. So while hubby and I do take time to chat, it's usually about business or family stuff.


Then comes the summer - and the pool - and suddenly we are spending every evening floating around in the pool where there is no tv, no computer, no books (well, if I'm alone I do confess that I quite often float on my raft with a book in hand but not when my husband is with me), no meetings, just SILENCE and PEACE.  And suddenly we find ourselves talking about all kinds of things like our dreams, and hopes, and inspirations, the things that tickle us, the things that make us sad, the nonsense things that we don't often have time to talk about and the deep things that we don't always take the time to talk about.  And every summer I find myself falling deeper in love with my husband because the more I get to know him, the more I realize what a treasure I have.  


So this Marvelous Monday, I am truly thankful for our pool and that summer is here again!


It turns out that I'm not as original as I thought I was! Apparently someone else has come up with the idea of Marvelous Monday before me. I thought it was an awfully good idea and I guess too good for only me to have thought of it.  :D  So here's a link to Marvelous Monday at Three Butterflies and a Monkey, someone I don't know yet but hope to get to know - since she's obviously quite brilliant for sharing my Marvelous Monday idea!  :D



3 comments:

  1. Marvelous Monday is naturally marvelous. However, the pool and what it means for you and your husband is better than the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, i want a pool and a husband to float around with in it! :) :) :)
    So glad summer has stopped by early for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I thought we needed a marriage guidance counsellor...what we need is a POOL!

    Without pools marvelous mondays are just manic...

    Enjoy splashing around. We enjoy how it resonates on your blog!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails