Thursday, June 3, 2010

A delicious piece of pie...

Yesterday, due to a series of unfortunate events,

that had nothing to do with Lemony Snicket and everything to do with my pesky younger brother

I was forced to arise at 4:30 in the morning. I am not a morning person. It was painful.

But at 4:30, I got up, walked my dogs, and then had to take them for a drive since they could not go back in their kennel. I found myself driving along the lake watching the Sunrise but then I still had time to kill before I could take my dogs home, so I meandered over to my parents' home expecting to mooch breakfast from my Mum. As it turns out, she was already up and at 'em and not there! And my Dad was still sleeping. So I took my camera and my dogs and I wandered around for a while.

Here are some of the things we spotted:

















My Mum's little pansy bed with all their faces turned towards the sun.


















Is there anything more inviting than the sight of your own parents' back door?  I think not. 

























This climbing hydrangea I bought for my Mum years ago for her birthday.


















My Dad's swing, tucked in under the trellis, where you can find him snoozing in the shade every Sunday afternoon.


















A bull frog croaking deeply as it sits on the edge of my Dad's pond.



















Purple Martins waking up before another day of vigorous bug eating.


















And finally, my Mum's cat "Button" who was lying peacefully in the shade,

























watching the birds and hoping for a nice "feathered" snack.


"One's home is like a delicious piece of pie you order in a restaurant on a country road one cozy evening - the best piece of pie you have ever eaten in your life - and can never find again."
Lemony Snicket

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    Just wanted to let you know that you have an award post on my blog!

    You can get it HERE

    Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails